The post I didn’t expect to be writing for today…….I was nominated by Pretty Lady Baby for the Versatile Blogger Award! Which is more than a little exciting, given that this blog is only 3 weeks old! So, I am very grateful, and would encourage you to look at Kerrie’s blog – she is enthusiastic about quilting and all things related and is just lovely.
As with everything there are rules! Here they are (and as I type I will tick them off!):
- Put the award on your post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
Ooooohhhh…..bloggers to nominate for the award……so many to choose from!
So my nominations are (drumroll please…….)
1. Cup + Penny
3. Gluten Free Girl (because she has saved my sanity and helped me to give my girls a quality of life I can’t thank her enough for)
6. Hey there Alice (the person who has supported and enabled my crafting endeavours so much over the last 12 months…..amongst all the other things she supports and enables me in!)
Then sharing 7 things about myself…..(which I had to edit a bit as it sounded a lot like a confessional!)
1. I have lived in three countries – New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and Australia, and within Australia I have lived in 5 states and territories – Queensland, Tasmania, New South Wales, the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory. (I like to think that a slightly nomadic life explains why I have such varied interests!)
2. If I am having friends over for dinner I always plan the dessert first and then the rest of the menu – dessert is my favourite part of eating dinner, and my favourite part to prepare!
3. I was taught to sew, crochet and cross stitch by my mother and my grandmother. In my late teens and early 20’s I would sew my own clothes, including formal outfits (because back then we went to ‘balls’) but then I stopped sewing much more than the occasional set of curtains until last year when a request from my daughter started me off again. The snowball effect has been impressive!
4. I am a fabric addict – I see new patterns and designs and start dreaming about what I could do with them until I buy them…..and then they often sit in my stash for a while until I remember what exactly it was that I had planned for them…..
5. Making things, whether through sewing, crochet or baking, keeps me sane.
6. I use a lot of exclamation marks when I write – it is my way of ‘talking with my hands’ while writing. I am trying to control it but a lifestyle of being an excitable person is hard to change. (Although I have managed it in this paragraph.)
7. I have a bird phobia, and yet I now am responsible for three chickens and one budgie……..and a blog that refers to birds, avatars that are pictures of birds, and items that I choose to applique birds onto. I am still trying to work out how I got myself into this position (all of my own doing!)
So, there it is. If I have nominated you and you don’t feel like taking up the award, I do quite understand – being a trained cynic I am never sure if these things end up being like chain-letters…..but as this is my first one, I am happy to participate!