I have just realised that it has been over a week since I last posted. This is not a sign of disengagement on my part but of complete and utter busy-ness!
This may be one of my shortest posts ever as I am in the middle of a sewing frenzy! It is less than a week until the Handmade Markets open in Canberra, and I am determined to have as much stock as I can for the markets. The chicks are at their father’s house and I am sewing, sewing, sewing!
Things happening this week:
– I delivered 36 bibs to the Handmade Shop and they are now on sale there!
– I am completely obsessed with repurposing denim jeans into bags.
– I have the first samples for the bag kits that I am developing. They need some tweaking but just getting started on it is exciting!
– I have discovered the joys of making my own green smoothies (lots of vegies and fruit pulverised into a drink!) Will definitely fill you in on that once the hectic week is over!
– The chicks are all well and busy and calm! (Freaky but true!)
– My house looks like a thread factory exploded
– I have shattered (not snapped!) two needles – one on my sewing machine and one on my overlocker.
– I have worn a blister on my knuckle through using scissors on denim and canvas. (How do I know this is the cause? Because every time I pick up the scissors I remember that it is there when it hurts!)
– I have used 2 kilometre of sewing cotton in the last 10 days. I have used 4 kms in the last 6 weeks.
– I have realised that I need to set up an easy way for people to arrange custom orders with me. My brain is ticking over the options as I sew!
Am I having fun though? Yes! Yes, a thousand times yes!
I hope that your week is full of creative fun (although perhaps not quite as much craziness as mine!)