After posting my list of gadget tutorials on Friday I was a bit inspired, and finally made a cover for my iPad! I have owned it for about 6 months, without any cover on it, so this was very overdue.
And then because the pattern that I designed worked well, I made a few more!
These ones have all been delivered to the Shop Handmade where I stock my products, but I plan to make more this week that will then be stocked in my Etsy shop. I made some to fit the iPad Air, and some to fit the iPad mini, so my next task is making some to fit the other iPads. I love technology but why do they have to change the size slightly every time they release a new model? Then again – it does give designers a chance to make new products each time, so perhaps I shouldn’t complain!
It felt good to be back sewing again. Before I could get back to work I had to clean up the room. It had become a dumping ground for anything extra in the lead up to our trip, so required some cleaning out, and tidying up. I should have taken some before shots so that you can appreciate how amazing the after shots are!
In the process I decided that it was time to be a little ruthless with my scrap boxes. I suspect it was the result of my childhood training but I find it hard to throw away scraps of fabric – they can always be used in some sort of project, and so many of my scraps are from just delicious prints. However 4 boxes of scraps was getting a bit ridiculous, particularly when I have so many larger pieces of fabric these days. I was feeing resolute but guilty, and posted on Facebook about my decision. And voilà – problem solved. A friend who makes beads will take my scraps and make fabric beads from them! Much better than throwing them away!
Cleaning up my room also meant that I had room to put away all the new fabric I bought in Hawaii, plus some more that arrived from Spoonflower too. And that meant I could finally sit and catch up on custom orders. The first was a library bag for a young woman in Grade 4. She enjoyed picking her own fabrics and I am thrilled with the way her combination turned out.
Over the weekend I also made up a custom order for a nappy (diaper) bag. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The fabric was chosen by the customer from Spoonflower, so is different from what I might have chosen myself, but it came together really well and completely suited her style. I have a couple more custom orders to complete, and then can get back to designing.
It is definitely time for some new bags – all that gorgeous fabric is sitting there tempting me! I also need to update my Etsy shop – I have a couple of boxes of bags at home that are not listed there yet! Time to get organised!
I hope that your week has started well, and that you have found time to do things that you enjoy!